Seeded Whole Grain Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 4 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1-1/3 cups warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2-2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon millet
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon cracked wheat or additional flaxseed
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all the ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 128 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2019
Absolutely delicious! I also toasted a few slices for breakfast and put butter and jam on them. I’m making my second batch and have increased the millet, sunflower seeds and flax seeds since I love the crunchiness and added flavor.