S'mores are one of my favorite desserts. I wanted to create a cookie to replace the graham cracker—that's when my s'mookie was born. Just as delicious as the classic.—Maria Davis, Hermosa Beach, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg or 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 10 tablespoons Biscoff creamy cookie spread
- 20 large marshmallows
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Add butter, cream and vanilla; pulse until dough comes together (do not overmix). Stir in cinnamon chips. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. square cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until cookies begin to brown, 10-12 minutes (do not overbake). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Preheat broiler. Spread 1 tablespoon cookie spread on bottoms of half of the cookies. Set aside. Place a marshmallow on bottoms of the remaining cookies; transfer to a baking sheet. Broil 5-6 in. from heat until marshmallows are golden brown, 30-45 seconds. Cover with cookie spread halves; press down gently.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.