Raisin Sheet Cookies
Looking for a quick sheet cookie for crowds? This delicately spiced, moist variation is kid-tested...and grandkid-tested.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar icing, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine raisins and water; bring to a boil. Drain; reserve 1 cup liquid and set raisins aside.
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar; add eggs. Add baking soda to raisin liquid. Sift together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; add alternately with raisin liquid to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts. Spread in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. If desired, glaze with confectioners' sugar icing while hot. Cut while warm.