Dad’s Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, cereal, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 23, 2014
Cookie tast good but rather thin they spread out to much did better when I didn't flatten them out I added a few raisins also
Dec 6, 2013
This is really Nice recipe!!!
Sep 25, 2011
Great cookie, my third time to make them and I tweaked the recipe a bit. 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white, used special-k since I did not have bran, 1/2 cup white flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat, 1/4 cup ground flax seed,and 1/4 cup wheat germ. delicious!!
Sep 16, 2011
This is my second time to make these awesome cookies. I added 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon second time. These cookies store so well. I live in the jungle of Ecuador and it is hard to keep baked goods with mold, but these do well i airtight container.
Jan 18, 2011
Jan 24, 2010
I love this easy recipe, my parents used to drink raw eggs, so I dont worry about samonela....thanks for sharing this personal story...and recipe.
Jan 24, 2010
excellent, crispy cookie. YUM