Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 4, 2019
Not happy with these at all. I feel like I just wasted money and time because I’m making a different recipe to bring to the event I’m making cookies for. They tasted too bland to be used in a cookie contest. Even after I added some more sugar and cinnamon. Im definitely not making these again.
Dec 16, 2018
I followed the ingredients and found the flavor of the cookie very bland. I wish I had reviews of people who increased the cinnamon to 2 teaspoons. I wonder if the pumpkin pie spice seasoning would give even more flavor. Frosting was great.
Dec 4, 2018
What kind of pumpkin stuff do you use? Pumpkin pie ready, or just regular pumpkin in the can
Nov 18, 2018
I agree with Rita ... I used 2 tsp. Of cinnamon! They are the best pumpkin cookies I’ve ever had!
Nov 14, 2018
We loved them. It took us less than 24 hours to eat them all.
Oct 21, 2018
Added 2 tsp. of cinnamon
Dec 25, 2017
Best pumpkin cookie receipe!! I have tried them all and finally found the best one.
Nov 22, 2017
Made these today, one word.... AHHHMAZING!!! Honestly, so delicious, so soft. My daughter and husband dropped in and couldn't keep their hands out of them! Daughter wants the recipe for her cookie exchange!
Sep 13, 2016
Delicious! Texture was delicious, fluffy and soft. My family devoured them. Instead of 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon I added 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. I also cheated and used a can of cream cheese frosting. All in all delicious. I will be making again, especially since my husband just ate them all...
Aug 11, 2016
Made these with my 3 year old and 21 mo old grandsons. Took us a long time. Lol!! But my!! what a great time we had. We used the pumpkin spice in place of the cinnamon, left the walnuts out (allergies) and the cookies were AWESOME. Maybe not perfectly round and all the same size though. We printed this recipe off and will make them again. We are making small packages for them to give as gifts. Oh and we made a double batch because of all the excellent reviews. Glad we did.