- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the pork, carrots, onion and garlic in oil in batches until pork is browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the enchilada sauce, water, jalapenos and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice and tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPork Chili Verde
"UPDATE: I've eaten all the leftovers and I believe this is better the second day. It took me 4 days to finish and it was good every single day. 4/28/18: I was skeptical about this recipe but had cubed pork roast that I needed to use. I've never used green enchilada sauce before and there was some preparation to this because of the chopping the vegetables and sauteing the meat and vegetables but it was worth it. My husband is VERY picky and didn't really care for it which I've come to expect. I'll finish this off myself for sure. Thanks for giving me a new, different recipe which I enjoyed."
"I ended up using steak instead of pork and making my own enchilada sauce. This was really good! Very flavorful!"
"My husband loved this recipe! Will definitely make again!"
"5 stars the best I've ever eaten. I used my homemade hatch Chile Verde for the sauce"
"This recipe is great! Our family loved it. I had left over pork loin chops that I had made a couple nights ago that was cooked with apples, onions and cumin. The sweetness of the apples and the spice of this enchilada sauce in this recipe not only really complimented this dish but was fast to put together since the chops were already cooked. I just mixed them together in a dutch oven after making the sauce and let them simmer covered to melge for a while. Wow! Definite keeper."
"Super delicious, we loved it! It's a staple in our home."
"This is great but it might be easier to leave the jalapeno on the side so you could leave the amount of spice up to the individual person."
"This super simple to make and very tasty."
"This was very easy to make. I always look for opportunities to use my slow cookers.It was so good tasting my wife thought that I went all out to cook it."