- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange zest. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forOrange Dreams
"I didn't have any oranges so I just used 1/2 tsp orange extract. They are very good cookies!"
"Added 1/2 tsp. orange extract to this recipe to increase orange flavor based on reading reviews. Very tasty cookie!"
"This is my family's new favorite cookie. To call it simply devine is an understatement!"
"I found this recipie a few years ago. Now it is required at Christmas as it is my daughters favorite. I have used food coloring to change the color."
"Wonderful recipe! It reminds us of going to Borders a long time ago and eating the lemon/white chocolate cookies! The orange flavor was not very present in these cookies, which is why it reminded us more of lemon! Still, a great recipe! All of the cookies were gone three hours after I made them!"
"I used extra fresh orange zest and found that it was still lacking orange flavor in my judgement. So I added 2Tb fresh orange juice and 2Tb flour. It was better. When I make them again I think I'd use white chocolate chunks instead of chips to make them a little more special."
"One of the best cookies I have ever tasted!!! YUM!!!!!!"
"These are wonderful. Lots of flavor, and mix up quickly. Took them to work, and came home with an empty plate!"
"Only one word: YUM!!!!!!"