Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 to 10 large oranges, any variety
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate or Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Peel oranges, removing as much white membrane as possible. Cut into sections or 1/4-in. slices. Overlap half of the sections or slices on a large platter or in a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with orange juice concentrate, coconut, almonds and half of confectioners' sugar. Top with remaining oranges; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 210 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Jan 16, 2010
I had a bunch of navel oranges that needed to be used so I found this recipe. So simple and so good! I used orange juice concentrate this time, but when I want to be "sophisticated" I will try the orange-flavored liqueur.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.