- 1 large navel orange, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a food processor, combine the orange, raisins and pecans. Cover and process until mixture is finely chopped; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in orange mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. flouted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake.
1 slice: 324 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.