- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the contents of potato package, corn, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce if desired; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forNacho Potato Soup
"I've made this many times. Love it! I've even added cooked shrimp. Very yummy and filling!"
"I really like this, my family says it's alright. I top it with sour cream so it isn't too spicy for the kids."
"This is one of our favorites!"
"YUMMY - this was so easy and so good. Made this for a party at work and will be making again tomorrow for home. Love it."
"This has been a family favorite since it was first published over a decade ago. I always have the ingredients on hand and it goes from kettle to table in under 30 minutes. I'd give it ten stars if I could!"
"One of the easiest, tastiest recipes ever."