Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and Dijon mustard; spread over one side of each slice of bread. On four slices, layer the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, cream and ground mustard. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture.
- On a griddle or large skillet, melt butter. Toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown. Serve with preserves.
Mar 18, 2011
Yes, this tasted just as fabulous as I remembered. There was only 1 restaurant that served these and now that I can recreate that taste again, yummo! I served canned cranberries on the side as my fruit compote. I will defintely make this again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.