Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and Dijon mustard; spread over one side of each slice of bread. On four slices, layer the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, cream and ground mustard. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture.
- On a griddle or large skillet, melt butter. Toast sandwiches over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown. Serve with preserves.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2011
Yes, this tasted just as fabulous as I remembered. There was only 1 restaurant that served these and now that I can recreate that taste again, yummo! I served canned cranberries on the side as my fruit compote. I will defintely make this again and again.