In the Midwest, Bloody Marys garnished with meats, cheeses and veggies are works of art. My beverage has skewers of bratwurst, cheese curds and dill pickles. —Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 lemon wedges
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- Ice cubes
- 3 cups chilled tomato juice
- 2 cups chilled beer
- 3/4 cup chilled vodka
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sliced cooked bratwurst links, cheese curds and small dill pickles
- Using lemon wedges, moisten the rims of six highball glasses. Sprinkle salt and pepper on a plate; dip rims in mixture. Fill with ice; set glasses aside.
- In a large pitcher, combine tomato juice, beer, vodka, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with skewers of bratwurst, cheese and pickles.