Mango Getaway Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Place nuts in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add 2 cups flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; cover and process until blended. Add butter; pulse just until mixture is crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a clean food processor, combine mango and orange marmalade; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar and remaining flour; process until combined. Add eggs and lemon zest; process just until combined. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, 23-28 minutes Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 139 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 14, 2012
This is a wonderful recipe. I used a Magic Bullet because I don't have a food processer, and it worked great. The tast of all the ingredients are wonderful and light. I will make this again, but use a larger mango for more mango taste.
Mar 21, 2012
This recipe is so easy to make with a processor and tastes delicate and fresh.
Jun 9, 2011
We loved these! The macadamia crust was incredible. The key to the filling is to make sure and select a ripe, delicious, and sweet mango - and probably a larger one the better to ensure more mango taste. I did not include the lemon lest. I will make this again!
Apr 5, 2011
My family was not a fan of this recipe. It seemed to be missing something. It was very bland. I think maybe if you added pineapple it would give that something extra.However, I thought it did make a good coffee/tea companion.