- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, lemon pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low spread for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and vanilla pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes more or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forLight Lemon Cake
"Love this cake! Very light and the lemon taste is just right. My husband loved it too. Will definitely make again."
"One of the best recipes I have ever tried...Love it!"
"Love anything lemon! This is a great recipe...great flavor, a light dessert. Will be making this again."
"Really good taste and light"
"This cake is super yummy:) You would never know that its a light recipe! will definietly be making again!!"
"I am requested to make this very recipe every holiday. It makes a nice, light dessert after a heavy meal. Very luscious!"