During the busy holiday season, you'll want to stock your pantry with the ingredients for this fast and festive dessert. This trifle looks so impressive in a glass bowl—and it's easy to change up using different pie fillings. —Gloria Aegerter, Summerfield, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- 1 can (21 ounces) dark cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Split ladyfingers; arrange on the bottom and around the edge of a 2-qt. serving bowl (about 8 in. diameter). Pour cream cheese mixture into bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, spoon pie filling over cream cheese mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 385 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Ladyfinger Trifle in Quick Cooking September/October 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.