Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 10 slices process American cheese
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine soup mix, ketchup, brown sugar, horseradish and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 10 patties. Grill, broil or pan-fry until the meat is no longer pink.
- Cut eyes, nose and mouth out of each cheese slice to create a jack-o'-lantern. Place cheese on burgers; cook until cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 451 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 7, 2013
hamburgers were really good but our cheese melted too much and we lost the faces. We'll try it again...
Oct 30, 2012
My mother-in-law has been serving a different version of this recipe for over 50 years. It isn't halloween at our house without them.
Jan 29, 2012
This is a great tasting burger! We make these at least once a month.
Oct 5, 2010
What a cute idea!
Oct 5, 2010
Easy, delicious, and hearty!