Set out a variety of toppings and let the kids decorate their pumpkin-head pizzas. It will be so much fun that they won't realize that they're eating their veggies! —Rachel DeVault, Grove City, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced ripe olives
- Chopped and slivered sweet red, yellow and green peppers
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place muffins in 15x10x1-in pans. Spread tops with pizza sauce; top with beef. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Add olives and peppers to make jack-o'-lantern faces.
Nutrition Facts1 mini pizza: 216 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Kid-Size Pizzas in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.