- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Red and yellow gel food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Wooden pop sticks
- Miniature chocolate, green and yellow Tootsie Roll Midgees, as desired
- Miniature green apple AirHeads bars
- Black decorating gel or chocolate frosting, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from heat; tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Stir in cereal.
- With buttered hands, shape mixture into six pumpkins. Insert a wooden pop stick into each pumpkin.
- Cut chocolate Tootsie Rolls crosswise in half; press one half into the top of each for stems. Cut AirHeads into thin strips; roll between hands to form vines. Press vines into pumpkins near stem. For leaves, roll out green Tootsie Rolls on waxed paper to 1/8-in. thickness. With kitchen scissors, cut out leaves and attach to vines.
- Add Jack-o'-lantern faces using decorating gel or additional Tootsie Roll cutouts made with yellow and chocolate Tootsie Rolls.
1 serving: 310 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.