- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 6-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red, green and yellow food coloring
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mint extract until smooth. Gradually beat in as much confectioners' sugar as possible; knead in remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Divide mixture into four portions. Tint one pink, one green and one yellow, leaving one portion white. For each color, shape into 1/2-in. balls. Dip one side of each ball into sugar. Press sugared side into small candy molds; unmold and place on waxed paper. Let stand 1 hour or until dry before storing in airtight containers; refrigerate. May be stored for up to 1 week before serving. Yield: about 12-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forHomemade Mints
"Whenever I make these, the request for the recipe follows. I cannot tell you how many times I have handed out the recipe."