Heirloom Tomato Galette with Pecorino
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, thinly sliced
- Whisk flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sour cream until dough forms a ball. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a colander; toss with remaining salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a floured sheet of parchment paper, roll dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Place cheese slices over pastry to within 2 in. of edge; arrange tomatoes over cheese. Fold pastry edges over filling, pleating as you go and leaving center uncovered. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 317 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 8, 2016
This utterly delicious tart couldn't be simpler to make! I used my own crust recipe, with oil instead of butter, but the cheese layer made up for any lacking richness. Yum!
Jul 4, 2016
The crust was very easy to work with! I hadn't cooked with Romano before, but it has a nice, nutty flavor that complements the rich crust and the sweetness from the tomatoes. Leftovers held up very well for the next day.