Italian Broccoli with Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the broccoli, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the tomato; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 55 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 26, 2020
Beautiful dish. I did NOT boil the broccoli as I didn't want to waste any nutrients. I lightly stir fried the red pepper and broccoli with red onions. Added spinach at the 30 seconds. Definitely a keeper.
Apr 22, 2020
We had this delicious recipe tonight and loved it. I followed the directions except pared it down for the two of us. I used a green pepper instead of the red and yellow peppers. This is an easy as well as delicious side dish and we will be having it again. Volunteer Field Editor
Feb 28, 2015
This is a good, healthy tasty dish.
Aug 17, 2012
I had one small yellow squash, so I added it, and used the frozen broccoli on hand. Very good taste to this dish, even with the frozen broccoli. Complemented Parmesan breaded baked tilapia and white shoepeg corn well. I think anyone would enjoy this quick and easy side dish. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 11, 2012
I made it just as is but added strips of lean pork. It was a wonderful meal.
Jul 9, 2012
We are trying to eat a little healthier and this is an excellent way to start. I have now shared this with my daughter and her family as I know they will also enjoy it.
Jul 9, 2012
I made this recipe as written. We really enjoyed the fresh flavors.
Feb 22, 2011
Loved it !Pleasing to eyes and pallete!I didnt use cheese.I am making it again my whole family loved it ages 3 to 43