Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 1-1/3 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, nutmeg, allspice and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and extracts. Serve with spice cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2018
Tasted great. Added more vanilla
Dec 11, 2009
This is just wonderful served on top of very warm bread pudding. It melts and makes a wonderful sauce.
Oct 2, 2009
I tried it. My grandkids tried it.We all loved it!!!