- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 medium yellow onions, cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow tomato, cut into chunks
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and mustard. Stir in garlic, salt and seasonings. Rub over pork roast. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Add potatoes, onions and tomato to the pan. Bake 75-85 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGerman Pork Roast
"Camie, I almost got homesick. I have not made this recipe in a long time, but will make it this weekend. You got my Grandmothers Recipe down to one missing ingredient. A couple of Bayleaves. Now to authenticate this German meal even more, you have to have sweet/sour Red Cabbage with it. Guten Appetit (good appetite)"
"This roast is delicious. Moist and juicy with lots of flavor it was a big hit with my husband and two young boys."