Fennel Tea Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, soak fennel seed in boiling water; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Drain fennel seed. Combine the flour, baking soda and fennel seed; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2013
These are really good. They're not overly sweet.There is a coupon for $1 off any two boxes of celestial seasonings tea here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/1-off-any-two-boxes-of-celestial-seasonings-tea.htmlIt would go great with these tea cookies. ;)