Earl Grey Tea Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Place tea bag in a 1-cup glass measuring cup. Add boiling water; steep 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bag. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and cooled tea. In another bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Mix confectioners' sugar and remaining cinnamon. Dust cookies with cinnamon mixture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2019
Oh my gosh. This has been an old family recipe since before the Queen was born. It is good .
Apr 24, 2018
I would like to try my hand at these cookies ( I'm of British ethnicity), but was wondering how they will turn out using gluten free flour, has anyone tried making them that way. I can not consume gluten.
Apr 18, 2018
These aren't cookies. They are unique though. They might be good with tea or coffee. Children won't appreciate them. They aren't very sweet, and they have the taste of the brewed tea... naturally. They are different, and if someone isn't prepared for.... different..... don't make cookies with little sugar and tea.
Apr 16, 2018
Just made these and they are horrible, will be going straight into the garbage can. Very disappointed ??
Apr 15, 2018
I am going to blame me instead of the recipe; however, I'm not sure what went wrong. I really wanted to like these as I like to use cardamon in recipe.Update: After reading other earl gray tea recipes, I think I know the reason why this didn't turn out for me. Might try again with no liquid and just use tea leaves for the effect.