Dinner in a Bag
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, seasonings and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer until macaroni is tender and sauce is thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 289 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 27, 2018
Am I correct in reading that we don't add any water, the pasta Cooks in the tomato juices from can?
Jan 3, 2018
We’ve been making this recipe for years! It is definitely a keeper. The whole family loves Dinner in a Bag.
Jun 24, 2017
Economical, and easy to make.
May 16, 2015
Very tasty, economical easy to make main dish! My family really enjoy it.
Feb 7, 2015
Love, love, love this recipe. Has been a go to recipe for me for years. Whole family loves it. I added chopped onion and green pepper to ground beef when browning. Then a can of drained mushrooms at the end of cooking time. So good..
Nov 1, 2014
Pefect. I double the chili, put real onions and parsley and everyone's loves this very fast supper. Like a Chili Homemade Hamburger Helper ! A keeper for fast and economical supper. Thanks!
Dec 28, 2013
Another recipe my whole family loves and that I have been making for years!
Jul 22, 2013
This is a great recipe. We doubled the recipe and instead of using stewed tomatoes, we used 3 quarts of tomatoes we canned from our garden and a full box of macaroni. Put some fresh, chopped garden onions on top. This is a keeper
Mar 16, 2013
A family favorite and so easy to make!
Aug 26, 2012
My kids didn't care for this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.