These cake-like cookies are nutritious, flavorful and firm enough to pack well in brown-bag lunches.—Doris Barb, El Dorado, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats, dates and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and tops are firm to the touch. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 97 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Date Drops in Taste of Home December/January 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.