Date Nut Log
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 24 large marshmallows, snipped
- 8 ounces dates, chopped
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, dates and walnuts. Stir in cream; mix thoroughly. Shape into a 14x3-in. log. Roll in remaining crumbs.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Slice; garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 384 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 11, 2013
I saw this recipe in Taste of Home several years ago and made it for Christmas. My family and guests raved about it! I made another Date Nut Log a few days later to take to a party, where once again it was a hit! It has become a family favorite. It is simple to make and is always a crowd pleaser :)
Jan 12, 2010
I had been looking for this recipe for years. My Great grandmother always made it for the holidays. It was easy to make and was just as good as I remembered it . It was always served with real whipped cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.