Festive Stuffed Dates
Four ingredients are all you need for these delightful change-of-pace treats sent by Cincinnati, Ohio's Diana Debruyn. Just 1/2 cup dates contains more potassium than a medium banana.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 30 pitted dates
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and orange zest until blended.
- Carefully make a slit in the center of each date; fill with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 102 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Festive Stuffed Dates in Light & Tasty December/January 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.