I love making different recipes for our annual Halloween party. This “sandwitch” has always been a hit. You can make the filling ahead and chill it. The seafood and spicy jalapeno make this crab a winner!—Suzanne Clark, Phoenix, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (61-70 per pound), finely chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Hawaiian sweet bread
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 large pimiento-stuffed olives
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll tube of crescent rolls; shape to resemble eight crab legs. Bake according to package directions. Cool. Meanwhile, mix next nine ingredients until well blended.
- Cut bread in half crosswise; hollow out bottom half. Line with lettuce leaves; fill with crab mixture. Slice upper half into eight wedges. Top crab mixture with additional lettuce leaves, if desired, and bread wedges.
- Arrange crescent roll legs on serving plate around bread; using bamboo skewers, attach olives to bread to look like eyes.