Crab Melt Loaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, split
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, onions and celery. Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Spread over bread bottom; replace top.
- Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 389 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2012
What a fabulous "Crab Melt Loaf Sandwich". It will please your family, friends, co-workers, church workers, other club members. It is an unusual treat, that offers a new - unusual recipe for the filling. YUM!!! LOL :-)
Oct 28, 2012
I have made this several times during the summer. I find it best to eat on regular bread. The french bread is too hard to eat.
Sep 24, 2011
We thought it was tasty... The French bread was a little too crusty and difficult to eat, next time we'll make fresh white bread and use that instead.All in all, good flavor and a nice change of pace. Thanks for the recipe!
Nov 5, 2009
I add more crab than the recipe calls for and assemble a little differently. However, this is SUPER tasty! Even my daughter, who doesn't like seafood enjoys it! I add a pouch of real crab (claw meat works well) and a small bag of frozen salad-sized shrimp. Replacing half of the mayo with sour cream also makes the mixture creamier. I've found that hollowing out the bread and pre-cutting it into quarters is less messy than cutting afterward. I put all the filled bread quarters on a baking pan and cover the whole pan with foil. A recipe to make again. It rivals the lobster rolls that are served out East.
Nov 3, 2009
I made this but I used 2 whole wheat tortilas and it turned out great for lunch.