Crab Melt Loaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, split
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, onions and celery. Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Spread over bread bottom; replace top.
- Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 389 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Dec 5, 2012
What a fabulous "Crab Melt Loaf Sandwich". It will please your family, friends, co-workers, church workers, other club members. It is an unusual treat, that offers a new - unusual recipe for the filling. YUM!!! LOL :-)
Oct 28, 2012
I have made this several times during the summer. I find it best to eat on regular bread. The french bread is too hard to eat.
Sep 24, 2011
We thought it was tasty... The French bread was a little too crusty and difficult to eat, next time we'll make fresh white bread and use that instead.All in all, good flavor and a nice change of pace. Thanks for the recipe!
Nov 5, 2009
I add more crab than the recipe calls for and assemble a little differently. However, this is SUPER tasty! Even my daughter, who doesn't like seafood enjoys it! I add a pouch of real crab (claw meat works well) and a small bag of frozen salad-sized shrimp. Replacing half of the mayo with sour cream also makes the mixture creamier. I've found that hollowing out the bread and pre-cutting it into quarters is less messy than cutting afterward. I put all the filled bread quarters on a baking pan and cover the whole pan with foil. A recipe to make again. It rivals the lobster rolls that are served out East.
Nov 3, 2009
I made this but I used 2 whole wheat tortilas and it turned out great for lunch.