Cookout Potato Salad
Instead of using all mayonnaise in the dressing, I used some plain yogurt. It really lightens up the dish and gives it a welcome tang. —Ann Grove, Greenwood, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Optional toppings: chopped hard-boiled large eggs, blanched green beans and salad croutons
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13-18 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; cool completely.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with toppings if desired.
Originally published as Herbed Potato Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.