We love it when side dishes pop with color, like the bright pepper accents you'll see in this light and fluffy couscous. It's a scrumptious and welcome switch from baked potatoes or rice. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 miniature sweet peppers, julienned
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute peppers, onion and garlic until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 220 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Couscous in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar