We love it when side dishes pop with color, like the red and green pepper accents you'll see in this light and fluffy couscous. It's a scrumptious and welcome switch from baked potatoes or rice. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 miniature sweet peppers, julienned
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute peppers, onion and garlic until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 220 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Couscous in 2004 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.