Church Window Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in marshmallows and walnuts.
- Divide mixture into three portions; place each portion on a piece of waxed paper. Using waxed paper, shape each into a 10-in.-long roll; roll in coconut. Wrap tightly in waxed paper; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 77 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 30, 2019
I'm 63 years old, born and raised in Indiana and I've never heard of these cookies. I even looked in several fundraiser cookbooks I have from Indiana. How do they pick the best cookie from a state?
Aug 4, 2019
I have been making these for years. We don't use coconut but I have found they are even better with crushed nuts on the outside.
Jul 23, 2019
Add 1 Tbsp. good vanilla for extra flavor.
Dec 11, 2018
I have been making these since the 1970's but for the last several years the chocolate/butter mixture gets too dry and doesn't coat the marshmallows properly. I am using the same brand of ingredients that I have always used. Anyone have a suggestion as to how to correct this? I am at the point of not wanting to make them.
Nov 5, 2018
I have been making these since my children were very small, more than 30 years. These are still a favorite! Now my grandchildren enjoy them! These are great to make ahead and have on hand to just slice and serve.
Jun 27, 2018
This is the recipe my Mom made at Christmas time for at least 35 years. She called it Window Pane Candy. Just seeing the picture brought back sweet memories. Quick, easy and So good!