Church Window Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in marshmallows and walnuts.
- Divide mixture into three portions; place each portion on a piece of waxed paper. Using waxed paper, shape each into a 10-in.-long roll; roll in coconut. Wrap tightly in waxed paper; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 77 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 27, 2018
This is the recipe my Mom made at Christmas time for at least 35 years. She called it Window Pane Candy. Just seeing the picture brought back sweet memories. Quick, easy and So good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.