- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups red, green or blue candy coating disks
- 36 miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups white candy coating disks
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 36 Sixlets or other candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and extracts until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Place in a covered freezer container and freeze for 15 minutes or until easy to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion of dough into a 10-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place wedges 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 10-13 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- To decorate: Spoon melted colored candy coating over pointed end of cookies; add marshmallow to point for hat. Let stand until set. Spoon melted white candy coating over remaining portion of cookies and sprinkle with coconut. Place a Sixlet for the nose; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 234 calories, 13g fat (10g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.