Cathedral Window Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Place marshmallows and nuts if desired in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium-low heat. Pour over marshmallow mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Shape marshmallow mixture into a 12-in. roll; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 3/8-in. slices; cut slices in half.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 63 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jan 30, 2015
My mother's friend used to make these and now I make them. They are so good!
Dec 21, 2012
I made these last night. The recipe is very easy. They look so pretty when they are sliced. I was a bit nervous about how they were going to taste. I worried needlessly because my son and husband absolutely loved them. They do taste very good. Be sure to chill the mixture sufficiently (I put it in the fridge overnight) or it will not hold its shape.
Dec 10, 2010
My grandmother used to make these when I was small- now I must have these or its not Christmas!
Aug 26, 2010
When I tried to make it it fell apart. It tasted good, but did not hold together.