- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 package (18.4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls and heart-shaped chocolate candies
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans and sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, milk, butter, sweetened condensed milk and pudding mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate, praline side up. Spread with half of the whipped cream. Top with remaining cake layer; spread remaining whipped cream over top. Garnish with chocolate curls and candies. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Praline Layer Cake
"This was a Great hit with my Girlfriends Valentine Supper! They want me to bring it to the next get together!"
"Made this cake and everyone loved it. For the Sweet Creamed Whipped frosting I used Cool Whip mixed with vanilla and powdered sugar added. Yum Yum"