Heavenly Praline Cake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes16 servings (5 cups candied pecans)
- CANDIED PECANS (optional):
- 1 large egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add pecan halves; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar and brown sugar; add to pecan mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 18-22 minutes, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve with candied pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 559 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 3, 2019
Don’t waste your time and money on this cake. It looked lovely, like the picture, but it was very dry. The glaze was good but I wouldn’t make again.
May 19, 2019
bessiebell, you serve the nuts along with the cake. They are not added into the cake mixture.
May 19, 2019
Does not taste like I want a second piece. I would not make it again!
May 18, 2019
When do you put the pecans in?