VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, divided
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter, sugar and 2 teaspoons orange peel until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add flour and cardamom, mixing well. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse pistachios in a food processor until finely chopped; remove. Repeat with cranberries. Mix together 1/3 cup pistachios, cranberries, coconut, 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips and milk.
- Press half the dough onto bottom and 1/4 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spread pistachio mixture over dough. Between sheets of waxed paper, roll remaining dough into a 9-in. circle. Remove top sheet of paper. Gently flip dough and place over pistachio filling; remove remaining paper. Press dough around edge to seal. Place pan on a 15x10-in. rimmed baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; cool completely. Remove rim from pan. Microwave white baking chips on high until melted, stirring every 30 seconds; remove. Repeat with remaining bittersweet chips. Drizzle tart with white and bittersweet melted chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios and orange peel.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked tart. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 325°. Place tart on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Cool and top as directed. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate & Cardamom Coconut Tart in Taste of Home December 2016