Cherries on a Cloud
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, form meringue into a 9-in. circle, building up edges slightly.
- Bake at 275° for 1-1/2 hours. Turn oven off and do not open door; leave meringue in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream until mixture is well blended. To serve, place meringue on a serving platter; fill with cream cheese mixture and top with pie filling.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 426 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 11, 2013
This was very impressive-looking but fairly easy to make. I made it for Valentine's Day so I shaped the meringue base into a heart. I know other reviewers have complained that the base had a lack of taste or got hard. I didnt' have that problem at all. Everyone who tried it paid me complements.
Oct 14, 2011
i'm not gonna make this either for the same reason as the mullenhour. the merangue was hard! i brought it to a bbq and was mortified!
Jul 20, 2011
This recipe was awful! The "cloud" part was stiff and lacked flavor. Made it for an anniversary, and was very disappointed.