- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 24 yellow chicks Peeps candy
- 1 package (12 ounces) M&M's eggs or other egg-shaped candy
- In a large metal bowl over simmering water, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup melted chips for decorations; keep warm.
- Add pretzel sticks to remaining chips; stir to coat evenly. Drop mixture into 24 mounds on waxed paper; shape into bird nests using two forks.
- Dip bottoms of Peeps in reserved chips; place in nests. Attach eggs with remaining chips. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen
Reviews forBird Nests
"Made these several years ago when I worked with children. Cute and fantastic."
"These are THE most adorable treats. The salty-sweet of the pretzels, not to mention the 'ADORABLE' factor, have made them a delightful surprise for every family member, young and old alike. It all came together quite easily, and will be a must-have for years to come! Thanks for this ingenious and creative delight!"
"A new Easter tradition in our house! I may break the pretzel sticks in half next time to make a little smaller nest. Our 3 kids loved "decorating" them almost as much as eating them!"
"I have a similar bird nest design but I use the HERSHEY'S No-bake Butterscotch Haystack recipe, Peeps, and Jelly Beans. They are an Easter favorite!"
"These were sooo good, I made it with my 7yr old sister and she loved making them. They couldnt have been easier or yummier!!!"
"It was fun and easy for the kids to make, and well eat too!!"
"I made these for our church coffee hour with the kids in mind--turns out being a "kid" has no age limit--these were a huge success. I would definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing this idea."