- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- Prepare and bake cake mix batter according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Cool cake on a wire rack 3-5 minutes. Using a wooden skewer, pierce holes in top of cake to within 1 in. of edge, twisting skewer gently to make slightly larger holes. Gradually pour gelatin over cake, being careful to fill each hole. Cool 15 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over cake. Top with strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forBerry Dream Cake
"This recipe is better than the regular old poke cake. The topping has cream cheese in it! This gives it a great flavor and ups its yummy-ness in my mind."
"I use Strawberry Jello and 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup Strawberry Daiquiri Wine Cooler."
"can you cook the cake the day before and it still be good"
"I came up with a great idea. Works fantastic!! Use a medicine syringe to inject jello.My mom used to do this, but she poke cake with a fork."
"I made this with Cherry's on top and it is awesome! Everyone Loved it"
"Otherwise known as "Poke cake" Been around for years!!"