Banana-Almond Milk Shakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 frozen medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add chocolate chips; cover and process 30 seconds longer or until blended.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without whipped cream): 342 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2014
Great way to use up bananas. I always have problems with pieces of chocolate chips sinking to the bottom of the milkshake. Her idea of using cocoa powder instead might work better.