Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 8 submarine or hoagie buns (8 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Make a 2-in.-wide V-shaped cut in the center of each bun to within 1 inch of bottom. Remove cut portion and save for another use. Place buns on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon meat sauce into buns; top with ricotta mixture. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle tops with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
1 sandwich: 650 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.