- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 pounds flounder or sole fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- Sprinkle green onions and mushrooms in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange fish over vegetables, overlapping the thickest end of fish over the thin end. Season with marjoram, salt and pepper. Pour wine or broth and lemon juice over fish. Cover with cheese and bread crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Flounder
"Delicious! Followed recipe as stated, and it came out great. The whole family LOVED it. I will definitely be making this again!"