This Asian air-fryer tofu was the first meatless recipe my fiance made for me. It's a wonderful light protein and is so easy to pair with broiled or grilled veggies such as eggplant, asparagus or even tomatoes. —Emily Steers, Los Angeles, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu
- In a bowl or shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Cut tofu lengthwise into 3/8-in. thick slices; cut each slice in half diagonally to make triangles. Add to marinade and turn to coat. Refrigerate 3-5 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Reserving marinade, place tofu on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Drizzle remaining marinade over tops. Cook until lightly browned and heated through, 6-8 minutes.
Test Kitchen tip