- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Place coconut and pecans on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and toasted coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Wyoming Cowboy Cookies
Sort By :
"Ok, first these cookies have WAY to much sugar in them. I reduced the amount of sugar to 1 cup of packed brown sugar and did not include the granulated white sugar. Second, i reduced the baking time to 10 minutes as i felt 12 minutes was to long. And third, i dropped the dough by the spoonfuls onto the baking sheets instead of a rounded teaspoonfuls. In conclusion, I also make these cookies by excluding the chocolate chips and increasing the amount of coconut and pecans and use 1 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar."
"Made these yesterday. Was looking for a "cowboy cookie" but all I could find were recipes making larger size cookies. Came across this recipe and based on the reviews, I decided to make them. These probably are now my absolute favorite choc chip recipe. I did take the pecans and coconut out of the oven and immediately put in the bowl to mix causing the choc chips to slightly melt. Oh my. awesome. I could eat them for a meal."
"Great cookies, nice and chewy smacking w/ plenty of chocolate, but we found them a bit dry so not sure if they were over-baked or if the mixture needs a bit more moisture."
"Very good! I might cook them a little less next time though. I like my cookies to be soft."
"These are sooo yummy. I'm asked to make them all the time. I use different nuts sometimes but still fantastic."