These cookies are very popular here. They're great for munching anytime. —Patsy Steenbock, Shoshoni, Wyoming
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Place coconut and pecans on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and toasted coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Wyoming Cowboy Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p66
Reviews for Wyoming Cowboy Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review