How versatile! Prepare this recipe for use as a cake filling, frosting or both. —Sarah Thompson, Greenfield, Wisconsin
- FOR USE AS A FILLING:
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- FOR USE AS A FROSTING:
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- TO MAKE FILLING OR FROSTING: In a microwave, melt baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled baking chocolate and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread between cake layers and/or over top and sides of cake. Yield: 2 cups filling or 6 cups frosting.
Originally published as Winter White Filling or Frosting in Taste of Home November 2011, p50
Reviews for Winter White Filling or Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review