Veggie Tuna Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup each shredded zucchini, yellow summer squash and carrots
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and carrots; saute until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, tuna, salt and pepper. Add vegetable mixture. Shape into six 3-1/2-in. patties.
- Coat the same skillet again with cooking spray; cook patties in butter for 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on buns with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Veggie Tuna Burgers(5)
Sort By :
This was a fairly simple yet very tasty meal. I found that the key to them staying together pretty well is to grate the veggies and cook them right up to the point of everything beginning to get soft. Then when adding it all together if it still wants to fall apart adding in a little extra egg does the trick.
I love this recipe in the summer when my garden is overflowing with zucchini and carrots. Very healthy and great flavor. The only issue I have had is they fall apart a little if the consistency isn't perfect. Otherwise, one of my favorite burgers.
I found these tuna burgers to be too sweet. Maybe a different vegetable mix would help, but I couldn't finish mine.
Great idea with the oatmeal, because I can't have wheat!!!! I want to try these!
This sounds wonderful. The only thing I would do differently is to exchange the 2 cups of breadcrumbs for perhaps a cup or a cup and a half of pulverized oatmeal, adding much more nutritional value. I will try these, using the oatmeal. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >